Senior Resources of Guilford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on age, race, religion, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or genetic profile.
SUMMARY: Assesses for service needs and aids older adults referred from the community and from within Senior Resources of Guilford.
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Supervises two staff social workers.
- Interviews, in their homes, individuals referred to the Senior Resources of Guilford Meals On Wheels Program. Gathers information regarding client’s physical and mental impairments, financial, and social supports. Determines client’s eligibility for the Meals on Wheels Program.
- Reassess the eligibility of individuals for the Meals on Wheels Program as scheduled.
- Performs Case Assistance if the need presents itself during the assessment/reassessments.
- Accepts referrals from Senior Resources of Guilford SeniorLine or other program staff for assessment and review.
- Identifies medical, psychological, or social problems contributing to client's situation, and evaluates these and client's capacities.
- Develops individual service plans outlining client needs and activities intended to resolve the client’s situation.
- Refers clients to community resources and other organizations.
- Counsels clients individually or with their family regarding service plans for meeting needs, and assist client in contacting community resources to improve their situation.
- Compiles records and prepares reports.
- Accesses and records client and community resource information.
Qualifications: BSW degree with experience working in community based human services agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,618.00 - $38,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate
Greensboro, NC 27408: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Clinical Social Worker (Required)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Kelly Eakes-Groft at email@example.com.
Senior Resources of Guilford is seeking a Registered Nurse to provide mental health training, consultation, and marketing for priority agencies for the Geriatric Adult Mental Health Specialty Team (GAST). The candidate should have mental health and demonstrated training experience, good oral/written communication, organizational and time management skills. Experience working with seniors is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in coordination with other GAST team members to select, create and develop appropriate training materials and curriculum that will enhance the skills and techniques of staff and informal caregivers of older adults with mental illness.
- Provide educational on-site trainings for staff on topics such as recognizing symptoms of mental illness, assessment of behaviors, behavioral interventions, effective communication, and medication issues.
- Assist with the creation of marketing materials for GAST through collaboration with other GAST team members. Assist with marketing GAST by providing community presentations, making telephone calls, and face-to-face contact in addition to contributing to the GAST newsletter, Facebook, and web page presence as assigned by Team Leader.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with the Family Justice Committee, Area Agency on Aging Ombudsman, and other community contacts.
- Fulfill continuing education requirements as necessary to maintain licensure and credentials.
- Attend meetings both within the agency and throughout the community as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse with current licensure in North Carolina
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff, service providers, and senior adults.
- Have reliable transportation and a valid NC driver's license.
- Basic computer skills for using e-mail and Office applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current RN License in North Carolina required.
- Experience working with older adults preferred.
- Experience in the nonprofit field preferred.
To apply, send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or GAST, PO Box 21993, Greensboro, NC 27420.